- Video: Best Women's Down Jacket In 2023 | Top 10 Trendy Women's Down Jackets For Your Next Trip
- A wide range of models
- Video: Top 6 Best Down Coats for Women in 2023 [Review and Buying Guide]
- Reliable protection from the cold
- Video: My Favorite Down Jacket For Backpacking
- Thing for several seasons
- Video: Down Jacket vs Padded Jacket - What's better for trekkers?
- Light weight
- Video: Stop Wasting Your Money on Down Jackets
- Rate the author (1)
- Comments (1)
Down jacket - a common women's outerwear, fashionable, warm, waterproof, comfortable, affordable. The jacket is perfect for dynamic women who like to spend time actively and appreciate clothes that do not hinder movement.
Let's take a look at the five main arguments in favor of buying a padded jacket and find out which down jacket is better to take for the winter.
So, how to choose a good women's down jacket - further in our article.
Video: Best Women's Down Jacket In 2023 | Top 10 Trendy Women's Down Jackets For Your Next Trip
A wide range of models
Couturiers have turned padded jackets into exquisite beautiful clothes. The variety of models convinces fashionistas not to rush choose a mink coat, which costs fabulous money. In a classic, casual, fusion, street style down jacket, you can look no less elegant.
Which down jackets are in fashion in 2023-24? The following trends stand out:
- loose fit;
- oversized style in the form of a cocoon, blanket;
- a tandem of sophistication and convenience;
- puffed collars;
- Longitudinal stitch and irregularly spaced stitch lines.
Fashion designers offer A-line quilted coats, products with fur trim, with asymmetrical shelves, shortened, waist-length. Muted, matte shades, powdery, beige, white prevail in the color scheme. There are options for lovers of bright accents, models with sparkles, with a metallic effect.
When choosing, you should take into account the color type, type of figure, personal preferences. Shortened models visually lengthen the legs. Flared options are a good choice for a figure with a wide back.
If fur is your passion, you can read on our blog how to choose an astrakhan fur coat. But the right down jacket will protect you from the winter cold. It is easy to match with any outfit.
Video: Top 6 Best Down Coats for Women in 2023 [Review and Buying Guide]
Reliable protection from the cold
Is it possible to wear a down jacket in winter? Yes, the jacket protects well from the cold. The degree of protection depends on the filler. Manufacturers offer products with natural and artificial fillers. Natural are duck, goose down or a mixture of raw materials in a certain proportion.
Which women's down jackets are the warmest? Goose feather models are the most durable and expensive. The thermal performance is affected by the feather to down ratio. The optimal composition for a harsh winter is 20% feather and 80% down. For temperate climates, models with a one-to-one ratio are suitable.
- holofiber, lightweight, hypoallergenic material, not subject to fungal attack. Jackets with it are suitable for moderate winters;
- synthetic winterizer that retains its shape well;
- sintepuh, a filler that does not deform when washed, does not absorb odors, and provides good thermal insulation.
The best and most expensive artificial filler is thinsulate. Products made from it are worn for many years without losing their original properties, they retain heat no worse than down-feather models.
Artificial fillers are suitable for people who are allergic to down.
Video: My Favorite Down Jacket For Backpacking
Thing for several seasons
Down jackets filled with goose feathers retain their original quality and thermal insulation properties for up to 20 years with proper care. Products with duck down last up to 5 years.
Down jackets with artificial fillers are worn for 2-3 seasons, but they have their advantages: affordable cost, ease of care. Jackets dry quickly after washing.
When trying on products with natural filler, it is important to make sure that nothing pricks inside. A tingling sensation indicates poor quality feathering. Such a thing is not comfortable and will not last long.
Video: Down Jacket vs Padded Jacket - What's better for trekkers?
How to choose the right women's down jacket for the winter? There are certain quality criteria:
- FP index, which determines the density of a natural filler, its ability to acquire its original volume after compression. In quality jackets, the parameter starts from the value 550;
- quilting quality. The quilting fixes the filler inside the product, it can be horizontal, vertical, diagonal, square. Too wide a distance between the lines of the seams threatens that the filler will go astray in a certain area;
- fabric for the outer part. Manufacturers use nylon, artificial leather, fine wool, polyamide and polyester materials with different fiber structures. The fabric should be breathable but wick moisture away;
- lining. This part of the product is in direct contact with the body, so it should be tactilely pleasant. Good options are satin, satin, viscose, cotton, polyester;
- buttons and buttons. They must be securely fixed, the zipper should open and close freely, without jamming.
An important detail of winter outerwear is the hood. Well, if it comes unfastened or rolled up. An additional warming element - cuffs on the sleeves.
Conscientious manufacturers include a bag with a filler sample in the sales package or provide a certificate.
It is surprising that outerwear for extremely severe frosts can weigh only 400 grams. When folded, it fits into a small package. Light weight does not load, does not get tired. In a light down jacket it is convenient to walk, drive a car, go on excursions, go shopping. You can even take a thing in hand luggage on an airplane.
The described advantages convince that a down jacket is useful and practical clothing for winter, a fashionable attribute of a woman's wardrobe. Knowing which down jackets are of the highest quality, you can look stylish and not freeze in winter.