- Video: THE LEAVES ON CUCUMBERS ARE YELLOWING URGENTLY TAKE ACTION OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE NO HARVEST
- Why do small cucumbers turn yellow in cucumbers?
- Video: GROWING CUCUMBER IN THE CONTAINER/ LEAVES ARE TURNING YELLOW/BACKYARD GARDENING
- Video: Your Cucumber Plants Will DIE Every Time You Make This Mistake!
- Removing the causes of yellowing of cucumber germs
- Video: Why Are Young Cucumbers Turning Yellow (with actual results)
- Video: Why do cucumbers turn yellow | small and big |
- Rate the author (2)
- Comments (2)
A pimply, emerald, fragrant cucumber is the dream of any vegetable grower. To get an early harvest, it is more reliable to protect the vegetable from aphids, pests, cucumbers are grown in a greenhouse. A frequent question of beginner gardeners: what to do if the embryos of cucumbers turn yellow without having time to gain juiciness and maturity? This and other types of diseases can be prevented if you know the rules for growing crops.
Enthusiastic gardeners are interested in many questions: how to grow cauliflower, how to process cucumbers so that the leaves do not turn yellow, how to arrange vegetable beds and so on. There are plenty of sources to look for answers, but it's worth choosing proven advice and shaping your own experience. So, we are learning how to grow cucumbers correctly.
So, what to do if the embryos of cucumbers turn yellow in the greenhouse - further in our article.
Video: THE LEAVES ON CUCUMBERS ARE YELLOWING URGENTLY TAKE ACTION OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE NO HARVEST
Why do small cucumbers turn yellow in cucumbers?
Many gardeners are faced with an unpleasant phenomenon: on rooted seedlings, leaves begin to turn yellow and fruits that have just begun to set. Small cucumbers turn yellow and fall offdue to violation of agrotechnical rules for growing crops.
Video: GROWING CUCUMBER IN THE CONTAINER/ LEAVES ARE TURNING YELLOW/BACKYARD GARDENING
The main causes of yellowing of the embryos
- low temperature in the greenhouse;
- infection of plants by a fungus;
- a large number of ovaries on the stem. For hybrid varieties of cucumbers, an abundance of ovaries is characteristic;
- lack of moisture;
- Tight fit. Thickened plants have to fight for access to light and nutrients, so they stretch in the stem, but form a weak ovary;
- Irregular harvesting. If there are many ripe fruits on the bush, they, as more viable ones, consume all the nutrients, and nothing remains for small cucumbers. Ripe fruits should be harvested in a timely manner;
- lack of lighting;
- lack of nutrients in the soil. Yellowing, twisting of the embryos causes both a lack and an excess of fertilizers;
- diseases caused by pests;
- insufficient pollination. Periodically, you need to open the greenhouse to let the bees in. It is also recommended to plant honey plants next to cucumber beds or grow self-pollinating varieties.
All of these factors can be dealt with. The only option in which nothing can be done is the seasonal aging of the bush. Yellow embryos at the end of the season indicate that the growing season of the plant is over.
A similar phenomenon is observed in tomatoes: in September, the leaves turn yellow, the stems dry out. To preserve the harvest in full, it is worth planting seedlings of tomatoes in accordance with the fruit ripening period.
Video: Your Cucumber Plants Will DIE Every Time You Make This Mistake!
Removing the causes of yellowing of cucumber germs
What should I do if the cucumber buds turn yellow? The development of cucumbers can be adjusted by feeding, growth stimulants, but the main thing is to observe the temperature regime in the greenhouse. The balance between the ovary and fruits is achieved at a temperature of 16-18°C. The minimum indicator for the formation of new ovaries is 14-15 ° C.
It is difficult to maintain a uniform temperature in a greenhouse. If it decreases, the main thing is to prevent the soil from cooling and wet leaves in the morning. Agronomists recommend controlling the temperature with several thermometers to ensure a uniform microclimate, and carry out regular ventilation.
General preventive recommendations
- you should not equip the beds in the same place every year, the location needs to be changed;
- when planting seedlings, it is necessary to observe the planting interval;
- regular weeding promotes good growth;
- Use fertilizers in the strictly recommended dosage.
- before the start of operation, the greenhouse room is disinfected, the drains are treated with a solution of bleach.
The yellowed components of the bush are removed and disposed of, and in case of complete damage, the bush should be disposed of. To stimulate fruiting, it is recommended to remove 2-3 rows of lower leaves.
How and how to water the cucumbers so that the embryos do not turn yellow? Cucumbers love moisture, but plants need to be provided with it, following the rules:
- The temperature of water and soil should be approximately the same. Due to contact with cold water, small cucumbers and ovaries turn yellow;
- water should be poured under the stem;
- watering is done in the morning and in the evening. Irrigation during the day can cause burns on the leaves;
- if fertilizer is applied during irrigation, the greenhouse is then ventilated.
Experienced gardeners advise periodically watering cucumbers with an ash solution or applying organic fertilizers to prevent yellowing. A solution of bird droppings, diluted in a ratio of 1 to 20, will do.
There is an effective folk recipe: soak a loaf of white bread in a bucket of settled water, leave overnight, mix until smooth in the morning and add a vial of iodine to the mixture. Dilute the mixture in the ratio of a liter per bucket of water, and spray the leaves every two weeks.
The excellent taste of cucumbers is appreciated not only by people. Various pests gnaw the leaves of plants, spoil the root system, destroy the embryos. A disease that causes yellowing of the ovary, leaves, is caused by a fungus and is called fusarium.
The fruits can be cured with chemicals, by spraying, but the fruits cannot be eaten after that. In its neglected form, it is impossible to cure Fusarium.
Video: Why Are Young Cucumbers Turning Yellow (with actual results)
Other “enemies” culture
- Spider mites. A good prevention from its appearance is regular ventilation of the greenhouse. A radish planted in the aisle scares away an insect;
- Whitefly butterfly. Prevention against the pest - winter disinfection of the soil in the greenhouse, planting repellent plants: marigolds, tobacco;
- aphid. When this parasite is found in a greenhouse, plants should be sprayed with biological products, for example, "Aktara", "Vermitek".
So, there are a lot of reasons why cucumber germs turn yellow. Advice to gardeners to choose hybrid varieties that are more resistant to adverse factors, but there may be problems with them if the culture is not properly cared for.