- Video: Good glasses & sunglasses for your face shape | Justine Leconte
- Determining the face type
- Video: Sunglasses For Your Face Shape: Women
- Correction methods for different types
- Video: How to choose best sunglasses according to your face shape || Be gorgeous
- Additional recommendations
- Video: GLASSES for YOUR Face SHAPE
- Rate the author (1)
- Comments (1)
Some glasses look great in an optician's window, but lose their appeal when you try them on. What's the matter? Without taking into account the anatomical features of the face, trendy models can look terrible. The accessory must be combined with hair, skin color, jewelry, and a headdress. It is important to know how to choose sunglasses according to your face type.
So, how to choose glasses according to the shape of the face for girls - further in our article.
Video: Good glasses & sunglasses for your face shape | Justine Leconte
Determining the face type
A face type refers to its shape. An experienced makeup artist determines the configuration at a glance. You can do it yourself with a simple home test, in a visual way. To find out your face type, you need to:
- sit comfortably in front of a mirror;
- Pull your hair into a “tail”
- outline on the mirror with lipstick;
- compare the resulting drawing with reference images available on thematic Internet resources.
What are the shapes of the face? The result of the test will lead to one of the six main options.
Video: Sunglasses For Your Face Shape: Women
Correction methods for different types
Based on the experimental results, you can understand which sunglasses suit you. You can also use them if you are selected glasses for vision correction. It is important to consider three main points. The frame should enhance the natural virtues and mask the flaws. The geometric shape is selected as opposed to the type. The proportions of the glasses and the face should be harmonious.
Elongated, smooth outlines with a clear narrowing towards the bottom, a rounded chin, the widest part at the cheekbone line indicate an oval type, which is considered a classic. The owners are lucky, they fit any sunglasses that do not violate the natural harmonious proportions. Pay attention to the models:
- “cat's eye”;
- butterfly glasses;
It is desirable that the width of the frame is equal to the width of the cheekbones. Caution should be taken with models overloaded with details, or with frames that are too narrow.
“Triangle” with an acute angle on top
This configuration is characterized by a narrow forehead, expansion of the cheeks in the direction of the chin. The task is to mask the significant top and add width at the top. For this purpose, vintage frames with color accents, for example, "cat's eye", "chanterelles", will cope. Suitable massive “oversized” frames, models on a chain, with thick temples.
Low-positioned temples, clear chopped lines, narrow frames are categorically unsuitable.
A rounded chin, symmetry at the level of the cheekbones, the same length and width, the absence of angles are signs of a round face. How to choose glasses for the “circle” type? The purpose of the correction is to visually elongate the shape, approaching the classic oval. Your choice is narrow, angular frames, models with a narrow bridge, which will make the eye look bigger.
Square frames of a clear shape never go out of style and fit the “moon face” type. Models “aviators”, “wayfarers” are also recommended. The taboo in this case is round models, glasses that cover the eyebrows.
Video: BEST Glasses for Your Face (and it's MORE than just FACE SHAPE) + Makeup Tips for Wearing Glasses
The transverse and longitudinal dimensions are in this case in equal proportion. The forehead is wide, the jaw is massive, the hairline is low. You should soften the corners by choosing narrow oval frames. Sunglasses for women with a square facecan be with curly temples, other decorative elements that soften the angularity.
- no rim. The most advantageous option, since the lack of a frame does not divide the face into parts;
- top-framed browliners to accentuate the brows;
- any oval models;
- drop-shaped, round.
You can see frames made of colored plastic, the width of which does not exceed the width of the face.
Diamond-shaped faces are a rare type. Because of the narrowed top and bottom, extended cheekbones, they are called “diamond”. To soften the cheekbones, you need to choose models with decorative elements on the forehead line. Good options are rimless frames, “cat” eye, “aviators”, visually expanding the forehead. Too narrow or too wide models will only emphasize the cheekbones.
The shape is characterized by a narrow lower third, high cheekbones, a wide forehead, rounded cheeks. Heart-shaped faces are graceful. The imbalance in them is a plus. All that is required is to equalize the proportions of the top and bottom. Pay attention to:
- round thin-rimmed glasses
- semi-rimmed and rimless, distracting attention from the top;
- neutral color models.
Glasses “cat-eye” can both approach the image and spoil it, an individual choice is important here.
Video: How to choose best sunglasses according to your face shape || Be gorgeous
Stylists' recommendations should be taken into account, but the main thing when choosing glasses for your face type is trusting your own intuition. If you try on a pair and feel that it is “yours”, you have made the right choice.
A few more tips:
- Take your hair color and skin tone into account. The right color of the frame and lenses will emphasize the individuality;
- Consider the hairstyle and hair length. Long hair softens facial features, short hair vice versa – emphasize. The same model of glasses looks different on people with different hair lengths.
- choose classic, timeless universal frames: aviators, wayfarers and clubmasters;
- Give preference to branded models. This guarantees build quality, good lenses, trendy design and wear for several seasons;
- Sunglasses for sports should be made of durable materials and should not be too dark.
Some models of glasses focus on the nose. This should also be taken into account when choosing. People with an elongated nose fit models with a wide, low-lying bridge. A too short nose can be visually lengthened with a frame with a high bridge.