- Video: Which Glasses Styles Will Make You Look Younger?
- Ophthalmological examination
- Video: TIPS FOR PICKING EYEGLASS FRAMES FOR WOMEN OVER AGE 50+
- Selecting glasses components
- Video: How to Choose the Right Glasses for Your Face | Joanna Soh | HER Network
- Aesthetic component
- Video: Exposing the Hidden Covid Injury - The Retina of the Eye does not Lie!
- Other correction methods
- General recommendations for scoring
- Video: HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST GLASSES FOR YOUR FACE SHAPE
- Rate the author (1)
- Comments (1)
Myopia, farsightedness - vision pathologies that occur in adulthood, childhood. Deviations from the norm are caused by age-related changes, heredity, excessive stress.
Modern ophthalmology has several methods of vision correction: wearing glasses, contact lenses, laser methods for correcting pathologies. Find out how to choose the right glasses for vision correction.
So, how to choose glasses for vision correction so as not to worsen it - further in our article.
Video: Which Glasses Styles Will Make You Look Younger?
An ophthalmologist is engaged in checking vision and selecting methods of correction. The first stage of selection is a consultation with a specialist. Based on the data of autorefractometry and verification tests, the technique is determined. The examination takes about 20 minutes.
At the appointment, the patient can find out the size of sunglasses, the parameters of models for myopia and hyperopia.
Selecting glasses based on personal feelings or old prescriptions is wrong.
Video: TIPS FOR PICKING EYEGLASS FRAMES FOR WOMEN OVER AGE 50+
Selecting glasses components
Depending on the habits, lifestyle and the received recipe, the components of the glasses are selected. Properly selected models give maximum visual acuity or complete correction. According to indications, for example, with astigmatism, an ophthalmologist may prescribe an incomplete correction.
The lenses of eyeglasses designed to restore visual acuity have a refractive power. Optical power is measured in diopters and indicated in the prescription in accordance with the diagnosis. Lenses are classified:
- according to the materials of manufacture. There are polymer, polycarbonate, mineral glass. Glass lenses are superior to plastic lenses in many ways;
- by type: monofocal, progressive, multifocal;
- by thickness: standard, thin, ultra thin;
- by type of coating: anti-reflective, anti-shock, photochromic, anti-faux blue, mirror.
Models with anti-reflective coating, anti-blue tone are suitable for working at a computer, driving a car, fishing. Photochromic “chameleons” provide eye protection from ultraviolet rays. The mirror coating makes the product opaque from the outside. For people working in difficult conditions, dirt-repellent compounds are applied to the lenses.
All of the listed lens parameters affect the quality of vision, so you need to add or remove options with professional advice and taking into account habits and lifestyle.
The second important component is the frame, which determines the aesthetic component.
Video: How to Choose the Right Glasses for Your Face | Joanna Soh | HER Network
Glasses not only correct vision, but are also an element of style. The shape and material of the frames are able to disguise flaws and emphasize the dignity of the face. Learn how to select glasses for your face type.
Remember the simple guidelines:
- Oval types are suitable for frames of any shape, round, square, teardrop-shaped;
- chubby people should choose the opposite shape of the frame, pick up square, slightly elongated glasses;
- Oval, round, rimless frames can visually smooth out the angularity of a square face;
- If the facial configuration is similar to an up or down triangle, you need to visually narrow the wide part. This is achieved by models with decorative accents.
Popular frame materials are metal, plastic, natural horn fabric. The material and color are selected taking into account personal taste, wardrobe features.
Video: Exposing the Hidden Covid Injury - The Retina of the Eye does not Lie!
Other correction methods
Wearing glasses and contact lenses, laser techniques for correcting vision anomalies are effective and safe. The question of what is the best method of correction can only be answered in relation to a particular patient.
Laser techniques, PRK, Lasik, Smile are considered the most progressive. The technology is determined with the doctor, taking into account the thickness of the cornea, the characteristics of the lens. This procedure is not recommended for patients under 18 and over 45 years old.
What kind of vision should I have to make a correction with a laser? Main indicators:
- myopia: minus one to minus 15 diopters;
- farsightedness: plus one - plus 6;
- Astigmatism: plus minus 0.5 - plus minus 5 diopters.
If there are contraindications or deviations from the indicated norms, you should pay attention to corrective glasses or contact lenses.
General recommendations for scoring
Points can be ready, ie. mass-produced according to standard parameters. Models are suitable for people whose vision deficiency is expressed in round diopter values and who are not going to use the accessory often.
Specialists, answering the question which glasses are better to buy, select models with individually made lenses that take into account all the features and perform the corrective function in the best way. Such products are more expensive. the difference between expensive and cheap glasses.
When choosing a model, it is important to take into account not only prescription data. Matter:
- manufacturer of frames and lenses. Korean, Israeli, German, Japanese products are considered the best;
- lens material. Plastic is lighter, glass is more scratch resistant;
- frame material. Low grade plastic can cause allergic reactions.
How do you know if the glasses are good or not? Usually, adaptation to a new optical device lasts 1.5-2 weeks. If visual acuity is restored to the required extent, there is no discomfort, the model is chosen correctly. Headaches, eye fatigue, a feeling of dryness, increased blood pressure are signs of the wrong choice. With such symptoms, a second visit to the ophthalmologist is required.