- Video: 55+ Best Kitchen Curtain Ideas You Need to See
- Criteria for choosing kitchen curtains
- Video: Best Kitchen Curtain Design Ideas | Above Sink Curtain Ideas
- Video: HOME MAKEOVER SERIES - DIY KITCHEN CURTAIN IDEAS - USING REGULAR CURTAINS
- Video: INTERIOR DESIGN | 50 Awesome Curtains Designs for Kitchen | Latest Kitchen Curtains Designs Ideas
- What curtains for the kitchen are currently in trend?
- Video: Best +50 Kitchen Curtains Ideas 2023 | Window Curtain Designs | Curtain Design Ideas for Kitchen
- Rate the author (2)
- Comments (4)
Textile design is the final stage of arranging the kitchen. Properly selected curtains emphasize interior details, organically fit into the environment, perform standard and special functions.
Mistakes in choosing curtains can cross out all efforts to design a kitchen interior, break that special atmosphere with which it is customary to associate home comfort. We will learn how to choose the right curtains for the kitchen by color, style and other criteria.
So, how to choose the right curtains for the kitchen - further in our article.
Video: 55+ Best Kitchen Curtain Ideas You Need to See
Criteria for choosing kitchen curtains
What do you need to know about choosing curtains? The not so good news is that this is a significant amount of information, nice - you can always use the help of professional designers. We analyze the most important factors of choice.
Kitchen curtains should not absorb odors, fade in the sun, and be easy to wash. In these parameters, roller blinds are more practical than traditional curtains. Roller blinds simply function, are produced in a variety of colors and surface decor options, and are easy to clean.
Care is facilitated by the purchase of models made of fabric with anti-mud impregnation.
Features of roller blinds for the kitchen:
- compatibility with loft, minimalism, high-tech interiors;
- fastening to the wall, ceiling, window opening;
- different canvas widths;
- the ability to easily adjust the level of illumination;
- neutrality to textile combi-partners: bamboo pillow for a bench or stools, a linen tablecloth, napkins will not disturb the overall composition.
Roller blinds are an alternative to all types, except for classic kitchen curtains, which are difficult to compete with. Structurally, the composition consists of light curtains and floor-length tulle.
Such curtains look expensive, even chic, but not suitable for every room. The option is appropriate if the kitchen and dining room form a single space of a large area.
Windows in the kitchen and dining area with classic curtains form a tandem that reveals all the advantages of such a configuration. Decorations can be pelmets, tassels, tiebacks.
For a small kitchen, when the window is located near the stove or sink, Roman blinds are more suitable. In the straightened form, they form an even canvas, in the assembled form - soft folds. This is a good option if the curtain needs to end at the base of the window sill and the space below it needs to remain functional. You can combine Roman blinds with tulle.
Japanese panel curtains move apart not from top to bottom, but to the sides. This is a fashionable and practical option for decorating kitchen windows.
In a spacious kitchen, curtains on grommets are appropriate. The attachment allows the safe use of heavy fabrics such as teak, a good option for effective light protection. Curtains do not require additional decor, large rings on the cornice are a spectacular solo decoration.
Video: Best Kitchen Curtain Design Ideas | Above Sink Curtain Ideas
Designers are advised to follow these recommendations when choosing the color of curtains:
- choose bright plain curtains if the rest of the interior is decorated in muted colors. The action makes sense with a non-standard window shape, to emphasize the original opening;
- curtains to match the walls in the kitchen of a modest area will visually increase the space;
- The pattern on the curtains and on the floor should have similar motifs. The rest of the textile should be unifying in color;
- successful color combinations: light furniture and walls are in harmony with powder, coral, lavender curtains. A creamy finish is accentuated by a chocolate-colored curtain.
Color is a criterion that allows experiments. Curtains should intrigue, attract attention, therefore bold, but not pretentious combinations are acceptable, as well as the addition of plain options with appliqué, embroidery, and accessories.
Video: HOME MAKEOVER SERIES - DIY KITCHEN CURTAIN IDEAS - USING REGULAR CURTAINS
Wear resistance is the first requirement for the material for window curtains in the kitchen. No matter how beautiful the texture and colors are, the operating conditions of the kitchen will sooner or later spoil the original look. The fabric must withstand repeated washing without compromising quality.
Due to the peculiarities of the kitchen, it is better to refuse velor, velvet, silk in favor of linen, satin, viscose, cotton, mixed materials. Curtains made of artificial and natural jacquard look beautiful in kitchen interiors. They do not deform when washed, do not fade, absorb odors minimally.
Video: INTERIOR DESIGN | 50 Awesome Curtains Designs for Kitchen | Latest Kitchen Curtains Designs Ideas
What curtains for the kitchen are currently in trend?
In textile design, each owner determines the rules himself, but fashion trends should also be taken into account. What are they hanging on kitchen windows now? Current trends:
- compact kitchen - a laconic window. In rooms of a small area, folding options, roller blinds, Roman Japanese curtains or blinds are used. If the window is very small or of a non-standard shape, the curtain should be abandoned altogether, and the visual void should be filled with a houseplant;
- smooth texture. At the last exhibitions, frills and ruffles were not noticed. Curtains with such decor are appropriate only in retro, country styles. Asymmetry is not welcome in styles;
- natural fabrics. A separate direction of eco-fashion has appeared, within which manufacturers offer rolled curtains made of bamboo, linen curtains for the kitchen, cork blinds painted in natural colors;
- Curtains with gradient prints, blurry tie-dye patterns, photo prints, plant and floral prints, watercolors.
At the peak of popularity, light airy tulles remain, somewhat frivolous, but appropriate in a room for emotional gatherings.
Modern designers prefer to replace complex cuts and cuts with the beauty of material and texture, as it is more practical.
When deciding how to choose curtains and cornices for the kitchen, you can listen to personal preferences or take into account generally accepted canons. The main thing is that the result pleases from the functional and aesthetic side.