- Video: The 5 most popular ways to wear a scarf
- Types and purpose of products
- Video: How to Tia A Scarf Around Your Neck. Different and Beautiful Styles to Wear a Scarf for Women.
- A sock in a summer wardrobe
- Video: How to Wear a Scarf: 10 Cashmere Styles
- Scarves for the off-season
- Video: 10 ways to KNOT your HERMES scarf - OPHERTY & CIOCCI
- Scarf - an alternative to a winter hat
- Trend models
- Video: How beautiful to tie a scarf around your neck - 8 Ways / Quanto è bello legare una sciarpa al collo
- Rate the author (1)
- Comments (2)
A long piece of fabric, finished at the edges, called a scarf, has a respectable age of two thousand years. The Chinese military, Roman legionaries used scarves to protect their necks from wind and cold. In the Middle Ages, silk scarves, exquisite neckerchiefs became not so much a functional as a utilitarian wardrobe item. They were worn by kings, representatives of the nobility.
The triumphant ascent of the accessory to the fashionable Olympus began in the 20th century, when designers realized that it could literally “do” image. It is important to know how to tie a scarf around your neck and head in order to achieve exactly this result.
So, how to tie a scarf around your neck and head - further in our article.
Video: The 5 most popular ways to wear a scarf
Types and purpose of products
Under the general name, a wide category of models is combined: stoles, snoods, sketches, buffs, scarves, arafats, shawls, bactus. They differ in shape, fabric composition, way of wearing, but they have a common ancestor.
In addition to being decorative, the accessory performs several important functions:
- protection from cold and wind in winter;
- protection of the head and hair from ultraviolet rays in the warm season;
- sports fans' attributes;
- correction of the merits and errors of the figure. Voluminous shoulders, wide hips, too lush bust is easily hidden by a light stole. The fragility of addition can be leveled if you know how to tie a woman's tie to emphasize the neck.
An effectively tied scarf completes the look and delivers aesthetic pleasure. An ill-conceived attitude to the neck attribute can destroy the look. How easy and beautiful to tie a scarf in summer and what to combine it with?
Video: How to Tia A Scarf Around Your Neck. Different and Beautiful Styles to Wear a Scarf for Women.
A sock in a summer wardrobe
Fashion designers use light, hygroscopic fabrics for summer models: linen, silk, chiffon, organza, mesh. Trendy socks:
- It is beautiful to tie a scarf around your head in the form of a bandage. To do this, the product is folded several times along the long side until a strip of the desired width is obtained. The strip is laid above the forehead, over the ears and tied at the back. The edges are left free or a second girth is made and connected on the forehead. This option is suitable for women with a high forehead;
- make a headband, completely hiding the ends under the bandage;
- braid. Tying technique: turn above the forehead around the head, then weave into the hair and decorate the ends with a knot or bow;
- throw it around the neck over the dress, this is a stylish version of the evening dress;
- wear asymmetrically, on one shoulder, securing the model on the opposite side with a knot.
A summer scarf can be worn on the wrist, wrapping the arm up to the elbow. Chiffon scarves wrapped around the strap of the bag add originality to the look. Wide stoles are convenient to use as a cape on the hips and shoulders. And how to tie a scarf around your neck in spring and autumn?
Video: How to Wear a Scarf: 10 Cashmere Styles
Scarves for the off-season
The basic item of the autumn-spring wardrobe emphasizes the elegance of a coat, raincoat, protects from the weather. There are several options for socks:
- “Ostap Bender”, with one turn around the neck, one end on the back, the other on the chest. Tie option suitable for wide models;
- Turban. For its construction, the scarf is thrown over the head, the edges are threaded forward, slightly twisted and knotted at the back of the head. If the ends are brought back, the knot can be made on the forehead, this is a matter of taste;
- “turtleneck”, the scarf is wrapped several times over the collar. The ends are hidden or left free. The method allows you to protect the neck as much as possible;
- scarf hat. The scarf is put on the head so that the ends remain the same length. The free sections of the product are wrapped around and tied in front with a knot. This is how easy it is to tie a scarf so it doesn't fall off;
- European. In this way, you can tie women's scarves and men's mufflers. The accessory is folded in half, thrown around the neck. The loose ends are placed together in a loop and hang freely. This option makes a great pair with a classic coat;
- “eight”. The ends of the product are tied. The resulting ring is twisted “eight” and put on.
A non-trivial solution for the off-season - sock “ under the belt”. The product is thrown over the shoulders over outerwear and is intercepted by a belt in the waist area. Models made of textured fabrics or large knits look especially impressive in this version.
Sling - a scarf can be tied with a bow, but it is worth remembering that this bright accent does not require other additions in a demi-season suit.
Video: 10 ways to KNOT your HERMES scarf - OPHERTY & CIOCCI
Scarf - an alternative to a winter hat
Back in the seventies of the last century, fashionistas picked up an ensemble for winter: a scarf, a hat, gloves of the same color. Today, the concept of duplication has collapsed, but the rules of harmony have not gone away. Woolen cape, cashmere scarf can be used solo, without a headdress.
How beautiful to tie a scarf instead of a hat, while maintaining the functionality and beauty of the accessory? One of the options is to make a balaclava headdress from a scarf, which perfectly protects the head from wind, cold, allows you to hide your nose in the folds and even saves your hair.
Manipulations with the acquisition of some experience take a matter of seconds:
- the scarf is thrown around the neck with the ends back;
- edges wrap around the neck;
- the ends are tucked into the resulting loop;
- A hood pocket formed at the back is put on the head.
The way to tie a scarf to make a balaclavagives a stable hood that won't fall off in the wind. If you need maximum insulation, you should choose a scarf made of dense fleece, soft wool, cashmere. It’s hard to make a mistake with combi partners: an impromptu headdress is worn with winter jackets, a fur coat, a down jacket.
It is most convenient to wear a wide winter scarf-plaid simply by throwing it over your shoulders. The model remains relevant, it is shown annually on fashion catwalks.
The fashion for scarves is cyclical, but there are inviolable trends, “kings” catwalks. You will definitely stay at the peak of fashion if you choose long models, stoles with fringe, plaid, stripes, abstract prints, contrasting colors from warm and cold tones.
There are no extra scarves in the wardrobe. Several models for different seasons give wide scope for bold experiments.